Five good reasons to exhibit


Five good reasons to exhibit{{}}

Regardless of company size, events, exhibitions and trade fairs provide an excellent opportunity to collect qualified leads, make sales, build relationships and much more

Live event marketing can complement other sales and marketing promotion, but unlike most other marketing forms, at an event you get to meet the buyer face to face - and isn't that what you want?

Be it via exhibiting, show sponsorship or partnership packages, events offer businesses true 'permission' marketing, unlike the 'interruptive' alternatives. Here are five great reasons why you should invest in event marketing.

More bang for your buck

Exhibiting at an event is one of the most cost-effective ways for your company to reach qualified audiences. According to a US study by Exhibit Surveys Inc, the average cost per visitor reached at a trade show is £120, while the average cost of a field sales call is £195. You do the maths.

Less work, more fulfilling

Sales leads gathered at events require less effort to close. Research by Exhibit Surveys indicates that only 0.8 calls are needed to close a qualified trade show lead, compared to 3.7 calls to close a typical business sale. Also, 54% of all orders placed as a result of a trade show lead require no personal follow-up visit, according to another study by the McGraw-Hill Research Foundation.

Fresh faces

The busy people at Exhibit Surveys say that only 12% of the average exhibitor's stand traffic has been contacted by that business in the previous 12 months - the remaining 88% are new prospects. Furthermore, B2B shows deliver you high-quality visitors. 82% have buying influence for your products or services, and 49% are actively planning to buy.

Competitive edge

Exhibitions offer your company another opportunity to stand out from the crowd. You can outshine the competition with well trained stand staff, great pre-show promotion, eye-catching stand design, and conscientious follow-up after the show. Also, event attendees use the opportunity to 'comparison shop'. So this is your opening to point out where your product is superior - in performance, pricing, service, etc.

Face time

You can reach more prospects in three days at an exhibitions than your sales force can in three months. Meeting prospects and engaging face to face is also the fastest way to build relationships.