Regardless of company size, events, exhibitions, shows, festivals or trade fairs as you prefer, provide an excellent opportunity to collect qualified leads, make sales, build relationships and much more. Integrated live event marketing can complement other sales and marketing promotion, but unlike print ads, direct mail, radio, etc, at an event you get to meet the buyer face to face and isn't that what you want?
Be it via the rewarding live event marketing options of exhibiting, show sponsorship or partnership packages, events offer brands true 'permission' marketing, unlike the 'interruptive' alternatives. So here are five great reasons that you can use to persuade your boss to invest in live event marketing.
- More bang for your buck. Exhibiting at an event is one of the most cost-effective ways for your company to reach qualified audiences. According to a US study by Exhibit Surveys Inc., the average cost per visitor reached at a trade show is £120, while the average cost of a field sales call is £195. You do the maths.
- Less work, more fulfilling. Sales leads gathered at events require less effort to close. Research by Exhibit Surveys indicates that only 0.8 calls are needed to close a qualified trade show lead, compared to 3.7 calls to close a typical business sale. Also, 54 per cent of all orders placed as a result of a trade show lead require no personal follow-up visit, according to another study by the McGraw-Hill Research Foundation.
- Fresh faces. The busy people at Exhibit Surveys say that only 12 per cent of the average exhibitor's stand traffic has been called on by a salesperson from that company in the 12 months prior to the show; 88 per cent therefore are NEW prospects. Furthermore, B2B shows deliver you high-quality visitors. 82 per cent of visitors have buying influence for the exhibiting company's products or services, and 49 per cent are planning to buy those products or services.
- Competitive edge. Exhibitions offer your company another opportunity to stand out from the crowd. You can outshine the competition with a well trained stand staff, aggressive pre- and at-show promotion, eye-catching stand design, and conscientious follow-up after the show. Also, event attendees use the opportunity to "comparison shop". So this is your opening to point out where your product is superior - in performance, pricing, service, etc.
- Face time. You can reach more prospects in a three-day period than your sales force can in three months. Meeting prospects and engaging face to face is also the fastest way to build relationships.