Here are 20 things you can do to improve the rapport you have with customers:
- Be welcoming to your customer
- Show your customer that they matter
- Respect your employer
- Respond to the customer's individual needs
- Have a positive attitude
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- Make your customer feel special
- Develop TRUST
- Tell your customer the truth - in the right way, of course!
- Show your customer that you respect them
- Ask them questions to get their view
- Be polite
- Use their name
- Listen to the customer
- Show your customer that you understand
- Be sensitive to your customer's needs
- Admit mistakes when you have made them
- Keep your promises
- Respect confidences
- Be yourself
Ask you yourself whether these are appropriate to the way your organisation deals with its customers?
How well do you live up to these behaviours?
How well do your other colleagues perform?
You might also be interested in reading: