Here is a list of different types of articles you can write for your website or blog. I hope it gives you a bit of inspiration if you are struggling with what to say.
- Lists of tips or ideas, like this one. Numbered lists work well.
- Reviews of books that you recommend
- How to articles
- Your comment on news that's relevant to your clients
- Why? articles
- Articles stating the benefits of your recommended approach
- Your response to a question you have been asked by a prospect or client
- Articles that state what your clients should avoid like the plague
- Add a seasonal twist – refer to a recent celebration or seasonal event
- An interview with one of your clients or customers
- A critique of someone else's article or opinion, with your view on what works or what does not
- Like a journalist, review what you learned from a recent talk, industry conference or event
- Ask other experts a question and share their response
- A case study on a company you have worked with or who can demonstrate success in your field
- Conduct a survey and share the response (Survey Monkey is simple way to do this)
- A roundup of topical news for your community
- Share slides from a recent presentation you have given (Slideshare is excellent for this)
- Feature guest posts/articles from experts in your field
- Information on products or services that will benefit your audience
- Share or create a cartoon or graphic that sums up your argument nicely.
Experiment. Mix it up a bit. Help, educate or entertain your clients and contacts in different ways. Variety adds to the value.
Have I missed anything? What type of articles work for you?