British businesses will get what is being billed as "unprecedented access" to potential partners and customers from across the world at new export events held at this summer's International Festival for Business (IFB).
The events, staged by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), will provide UK firms with the opportunity to tap into key emerging markets when businesses from around the world attend the IFB in Liverpool in June and July.
UKTI will host a number of special market events including:
- Africa, 11 June 2014, IFB Hub;
- Latin America, 12 June 2014, IFB Hub;
- Benelux and Europe, 19 June 2014, IFB Hub;
- SE Asia, 24 June 2014, IFB Hub;
- USA, 26 June 2014, IFB Hub;
- China and Hong Kong, 4 July 2014, IFB Hub;
- Japan and South Korea, 7 July, Langtree Park, St Helens;
- India, 10 July 2014, IFB Hub.
The UKTI will have a permanent presence at the IFB Hub, providing delegates with a brokerage system that connects them with overseas partners.
Other events to help British businesses make international connections include:
- Africa Rising (10-12 June): a conference providing a route into the continent's fast-growth economies;
- International Trade Expo (10-11 June): helping SMEs to connect with emerging markets;
- Global India Business Meeting (22-23 June): described as an "Indian Davos", this meeting is the foremost annual gathering of Indian business leaders and their global counterparts.
Max Steinberg, chair of IFB, said: "To achieve the government's target of doubling UK exports by 2020 it is essential that our businesses are given the right opportunities to go global. I'm confident we are providing businesses nationwide with the right access to markets which will help them drive economic growth and forge long-lasting connections."